Even now, there's something beautiful about a fresh start, and though I'm not going to by a bunch of shiny new folders to start the year, I thought this would be a nice time to review my most important resources for academic writing and yoga.
Writing and Productivity:
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- Whatever version of this program you can afford, do it! The workshops are fantastic. Especially if you are a woman or minority on the tenure track--these people get it!
- Free! And great for getting in daily writing minutes
- Wonderful support for creating a daily writing habit
Chopra Center Guided Meditations
- An easy start to meditation, great resource to turn to once your free session with Oprah and Deepak is done.
- Offer lots of sequences to follow. Great explanations and photos of poses.
- I use this meditation timer to organize my home practices, both for yoga and for writing that it would be inappropriate to do on Write or Die.